Love cake? Love Oreo cookies? You’re in luck. My Oreo Cookies and Cream Cake is an Oreo lover’s dream. There’s Oreos in the cake, Oreos in the icing and Oreo crumbs between the layers. Overkill? Not even a little. Make this cake for a special occasion, a birthday, or just a day that ends in y. You’ll satisfy two cravings with one decadent dessert.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot coffee
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8–10 Oreos broken into pieces
3 cups unsalted butter
4–5 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Filling of approx. 20 Megastuff Oreo cookies
2 cup crushed Oreo cookies (w/o filling)*
Mini Oreos for decorating (optional)
*To get fine Oreo cookie crumbs blend cookies in food processor. Alternatively, place cookies in large zip lock bag and crushing using a rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans.*
- In a stand mixer bowl (or other large bowl) mix together dry ingredients.
- Add vegetable oil, coffee and milk. Mix at medium speed for approx. 2 minutes
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat 2 more minutes.
- Pour batter into cake pans splitting batter evenly between them.
- Top both pans evenly with cookie pieces.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes or until toothpick stuck in the middle of each cake comes out clean.
- While the cakes are cooling begin to make the frosting.
- Cut butter into pieces and place in stand mixer bowl (or other large mixing bowl).
- Using the whisk attachment whip butter until light in color and fluffy (approx. 3-5 minutes) stopping mixer occasionally to scrap sides of bowl.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar mixing on lowest speed until sugar is largely incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix until vanilla and sugar is fully incorporated.
- Add additional cup of powdered sugar and beat on low until sugar is largely incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add last cup powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Beat on low until sugar is largely incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and mix for another 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together 1.5 cup crushed oreo cookies and oreo filling.
- Mix oreo mixture into frosting until uniformly incorporated.
- If frosting is too thin add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time until frosting is desired consistency mixing on low speed initially and then medium high speed until sugar is incorporated.
- Once cake layers are completely cool assemble cake by frosting top of one cake layer.
- Cover layer of frosting with remaining Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Top with second cake and frosting outside of cake evenly.
- If using garnish cake with mini Oreos.
*If preferred you can make this recipe as a three-layer cake. Simply distribute batter evenly between three cake pans rather than two and reduce baking time. I’ve had left over frosting when making this cake so you should still have enough frosting for a three-layer cake.