These mini funfetti cup-cookies will bring a smile to your face. Cookie plus frosting plus sprinkles, what more could you want?! And they’re so small and tasty that two (or three or four . . .) are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
1 stick unsalted butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 semisweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles + more for garnish (optional)
2 cups white frosting*
*I used canned but if you’d rather make it here’s a good recipe I used on the past.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini cupcake tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- In another bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Add a third of flour mixture to liquid ingredients and mix to incorporate. Repeat process two more times to incorporate remaining flour mixture being careful not to overmix.
- Using a small cookie scoop of spoon place one scoop of dough (approx. 1 1/2 tbsp dough) into each mini cupcake hole. Using the back of the scoop or spoon press dough into each hole leaving a shallow indent in the middle of cookie cake (this allows you to put more frosting on later). Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cakes begin to turn golden brown in color.
- Allow to cool and remove from tins. If cup-cookies seem to be sticking carefully run a knife around the outside before removing.
- Top with frosting and additional sprinkles.
*I piped the frosting on mine using a Wilton 1M tip.