These cookies are a coffee lover’s version of heaven. Filled with chunks of toffee and chocolate in an espresso flavored cookie dough they are perfect for anyone who loves Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Toffee Ice Cream. Enjoy with a big glass of milk or, for the coffee obsessed, a nice cup of coffee.
Adapted from The Wood and Spoon
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1–1/2 cups brown sugar packed
3/4 cup sugar
1–1/2 tablespoons espresso powder
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups (400 gm) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and espresso powder on medium speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate and toffee chips and stir to with spatula to combine.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper keeping rounds approx. two inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to brown.
- Place on cooling rack and let cool briefly before eating.